Caramel Cookie Dough Bars
Paleo & vegan (depending on chocolate chips used) and made with only 7 ingredients total!
1 1/3 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp coconut milk (or milk of choice)
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup cashew butter (can sub for any nut/seed butter)
1/2 cup coconut milk (any milk should work)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Combine wet ingredients for cookie dough, then add almond flour, then chocolate chips.
2. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and evenly press down cookie dough across bottom. Freeze while making caramel layer
3. Bring the coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes stirring every few minutes. *The mixture does not need to be thick like caramel for this recipe! Combine the caramel mixture with cashew butter.
4. Pour over cookie dough layer & freeze for 2-3 hours
5. Melt chocolate and coconut oil, pour evenly over caramel, sprinkle with sea salt & freeze until chocolate hardens.
6. Cut into 16+ squares and enjoy! :)
Best kept in an airtight container in the freezer, or refrigerator