Samoa Cookie Balls
1 cup chickpeas, rinsed
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, separated into two 1/2 cups
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
3-4 tbsp maple syrup (depending on sweetness preference)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup melted dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and bake the coconut flakes for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown
2. In a food processor or blender, blend chickpeas until smooth
3. Add 1/2 cup of coconut flakes, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt & blend until dough-like (may take a few minutes)
4. Make the dough into 12-15 balls
5. Roll balls in toasted coconut flakes & drizzle dark chocolate over each
6. Freeze for 10-15 minutes, or until dark chocolate hardens & enjoy!
* I think these taste best kept in the freezer and taken out a few minutes before eating to thaw, but they are also delicious kept in the refrigerator!