S A F E R  B E A U T Y

"What you put on your body is just as important as what you put in your body"

In the last few years, I have become increasingly interested in safer products for myself and my home. When it came time to buy a new product (household cleaners, laundry detergent, make-up, etc) instead of buying whatever I found in the store, I would search for a safer or cleaner option. Thankfully, there are numerous options out there, but I found that it takes some trial and error to find the ones that preformed well. I won't bore you with all my favorite brands (maybe a good blog post topic!), but I do want to talk about the beauty brand I fell in love with so much so that I became a consultant - Beauty Counter!

BeautyCounter is committed to getting safer beauty products in the hands of everyone and I love being part of that!

 

 

The never list

  • THE EUROPEAN UNION BANS OVER 1,400 INGREDIENTS FROM THEIR PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS. CANADA HAS ONLY BANNED 600 AND THE USA HAS BANNED ONLY 30.

    • Beautycounter has banned 1500 “never list”

  • 1 in 5 skincare products contain ingredients linked to cancer

  • 20% of ingredients have ever been tested for safety

 

  • Do your own research to find what’s right for you and your family! EWG.org – use this for products (household, skincare, etc) they also put out the dirty dozen/clean 15

  • 1-2 rating means “Low Hazard” and are the safest products on the market (99% of the 107 BeautyCounter products on EWG are a 1 or 2 rating); the other less than 1% have a rating of 3

 

Some of my favorite products:

  • Charcoal Soap

  • #1 facemask set (oil and mist)

  • Charcoal facemask

  • Eyecream

  • Foundation

  • LipStick

  • Mascara

 

Link to becoming a member, link to becoming a consultant